School Business Manager
Queens Park Academy is an energetic and vibrant two form entry primary school with amazing staff and children. The school is located in the heart of Bedford just 15 minutes’ walk from the town’s train station. We are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager as a key member of the School’s Senior Leadership Team, who will help lead the school’s financial and operational provision during an exciting time in the School’s development.
This permanent, full time post is for 52 weeks per year, with 30 days of paid leave each year plus bank holidays. There is flexibility in hours for the right candidate. The Salary will be £28,672 - £32,910, depending on experience (equivalent to NJC Senior Management Scale Points 24 to 29).
The post reports directly to the Head teacher.
The successful candidate will have energy, authority and empathy. A person with a flexible attitude, who can connect with and inspire colleagues and demonstrate excellent managerial, IT, interpersonal and communication skills. Furthermore, this candidate will have a clear sense of ethics and vision in line with the School’s values.
The role includes:
- Line managing, operationally and strategically, functions including: Finance, Site, Administration, Health and Safety and GDPR.
- Contract management of service level agreements.
- Supporting the Head Teacher in all matters of business management including the delivery of strategic intentions.
- Communicating with stakeholders including staff, parents, governors, contractors and the wider community.
- Providing information for governors and attending meetings.
- Provide accurate budget setting and accurate forecasts.
- Facilitate, in conjunction with the premises team, the highest level of health and safety including leadership and management of documentation and processes.
- Maximise income including Pupil Premium and grants whilst ensuring best value for all expenditure, through contract management and procurement processes.
- Oversee and manage capital expenditure projects.
- Professional development would be encouraged and supported.
- Must have a background in business management or finance.
- Must have knowledge and skills linked to administration, finance and business management.
- Must have experience in budget setting and understanding financial forecasts.
- Experience in schools, whilst beneficial, is not a necessity.
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Planning and organisation
- Communication skills including influencing, leading, negotiation and stakeholder management.
If you hold the relevant skills and want to make a difference to the lives of the children at Queens Park Academy, then we would love to hear from you! Please download our application pack.
Queens Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subject to safeguarding checks including references, qualifications, health and enhanced DBS checks.
Closing date: Friday 13th November
Interview date: first round: Friday 20th November (via Microsoft Teams) Second round: Thursday 26th November (In person)
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate.
Queens Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For the Job Description please click here
For the Personal Specification click here
For the application form for the job, please click here
Visits to the school from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01234 352901 or email [email protected] to arrange an appointment to visit or an informal discussion about the role with the Head teacher.
Queens Park Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to safer recruitment and will carry out enhanced DBS and Prohibition Order checks before start dates.